Weekend Assignment #328: Fan Letters
How about a lighter topic this week? Let's talk about FAN LETTERS. I have never personally written one, because the one time I attempted to, it came off, well, sounding kinda weird! LOL. Apparently I have NO talent for them at all! Nope. Nope. Nope. But how about you? Have you ever written a successful FAN LETTER? If so, tell us about your experience. Did you hear back from the celebrity? Was it a positive experience? Tell us all about it.
Extra Credit: Write a one paragraph FAN LETTER to your favorite celebrity.
Here are the general guidelines for participating:
**1. Please post your response no later than than the deadline day and time given in each week's original assignment entry. You can do this either in a blog entry of your own or in the comments section of the assignment entry.
2. Please mention the Weekend Assignment in your blog post, and include a link back to the original entry. Using one of the logos shown here is encouraged but not mandatory.
3. Please come back here after you've posted, and leave a link to your entry in the comments to the assignment. Please post the URL itself rather than a live link.
4. Visiting other participants' entries is strongly encouraged!
5. We're always looking for topic ideas. Please see the "Teacher's Lounge" page for details. If we use your idea, you will be credited as that week's "guest professor."
6. We reserve the right to remove rude or unpleasant comments (not to mention comment spam), and to leave entries off the linking list if the person has been rude or unpleasant, or fails to mention the Weekend Assignment in the entry.
** This assignment closes at 9:00 PM, EST, next Wednesday. No submissions will be accepted after that time.
Participation list for Weekend Assignment #326: Beat The Heat!
At the end of the work day, I just want to open my sunroof for the cruise home.
Well, of course, I stay cool by being cool. Because I’m cool.
But enough about me.
The best way for me to stay cool is to stay inside with the air conditioning cranked up. It may not be the most fun, but it's better than heatstroke. See, in the Chicago area when it gets hot, it gets humid.
Our monsoon was due a couple weeks ago, so far it's mostly sweltery, and hardly rainy at all.
I enjoyed your responses very much! Thank you for your continued participation. I will be looking forward to your submissions this week!