Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekend Assignment # 345: Give Thanks

NOW CLOSED!

Here's another simple, seasonal one:

Weekend Assignment # 345: Give Thanks
Thanksgiving is upon us, the time of year when we're asked what we're thankful for. Let's take the opportunity to interpret this literally, and actually thank someone! Tell us about someone in your life, past or present, whom you would like to thank for what they did, and why.

Extra Credit: Suggest a Weekend Assignment topic, because I'm running dry! Also: would you prefer that the topics be mostly literary, or is a variety better?

Here are the guidelines if you'd like to participate. Please note that while Carly is on hiatus I've loosened up the deadline just a little.

**1. Please post your response no later than than 12:01 AM on Thursday morning, November 24th, your local time. You can do this either in a blog entry of your own or in the comments section of the assignment entry. No submissions will be accepted after that time unless I really want to.

2. Please mention the Weekend Assignment in your blog post, and include a link back to the original entry. Using one of the logos shown here is encouraged but not mandatory.

3. Please come back here after you've posted, and leave a link to your entry in the comments to the assignment. Please post the URL itself rather than a live link.

4. Visiting other participants' entries is strongly encouraged!

5. We're always looking for topic ideas. Please see the "Teacher's Lounge" page for details. If we use your idea, you will be credited as that week's "guest professor." Help me out, folks, because sometimes I run dry when doing this week after week!

6. We reserve the right to remove rude or unpleasant comments (not to mention comment spam), and to leave entries off the linking list if the person has been rude or unpleasant, or fails to mention the Weekend Assignment in the entry.

For Weekend Assignment #244: Fall Favorites, I asked what you like best and least about this time of year, a topic which apparently failed to inspire most of you. Please click on each person's name to see the full entry:

Anne said...
This year was kind of a bust, because it was raining, but I look forward to picking apples at the orchard. There is a place on the border between Illinois and Wisconsin that does the pick-your-own thing that I have been doing with my brother and nephew every year. Then at the end, they have the shops with cider, meats and cheeses, and cider doughnuts.

Karen Funk Blocher said...
First off, autumn is my annual chance to pursue my "pumpkin anything" obsession. Pumpkin bread, ice cream, yogurt (frozen and otherwise), butter, pies, tarts, cookies, and variations on most of the above have all passed my lips at some point in recent years. Last weekend I combined the remains of my pumpkin steamer from the Starbucks counter at Safeway with a small vanilla shake from Whataburger, and made myself a pumpkin shake. It was good, too. Overall, though, I haven't indulged in much Pumpkin Anything this year.


That's it for now. I realize it's a busy time of year, but please jump in with an entry if you can. Have a great week!

Karen

3 comments:

  1. I'm first, huh? Here goes:

    http://www.3rsblog.com/2010/11/thank-you-shout-outs-weekend-assignment.html

    Re: the extra credit - no topic suggestions at the moment, but I'll think further. I do like a variety of topics, but I seem more likely to participate when they're more literary, since that's my blog focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is mine:

    http://chicagovolunteering.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-honor-of-thanksgiving-or-something.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's mine, semi-last minute as usual:

    http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2010/11/weekend-assignment-245-thanks-be-to-all.html

    ReplyDelete