Here are the guidelines in case you'd like to participate - and I hope you do!Weekend Assignment # 352: Winter Work
Now that the new year has begun, most of us are back at work, with only a few holidays to look forward to over the next several months. Most of us in the Northern Hemisphere wake now to cold, dark mornings, and may see little or no daylight on our morning and evening commutes. What is this time of year like for you? Are you more productive in the bleak midwinter, less so, or neither? What is the weather like where you are, and do you enjoy it?
Extra Credit: Are you still working on unfinished business from last year?
1. Please post your response no later than than 12:01 AM on Thursday morning, January 13th, your local time. You can do this either in a blog entry of your own or in the comments section of the assignment entry. No submissions will be accepted after that time unless I want to.For Weekend Assignment #351: What Are You Doing New Year's?, I asked about your New Year's Eve rituals. Most folks were too busy to write about them, but we we did get a few responses. Please click on each person's name to see the full entry:
2. Please mention the Weekend Assignment in your blog post, and include a link back to the original entry. Using one of the logos shown here is encouraged but not mandatory.
3. Please come back here after you've posted, and leave a link to your entry in the comments to the assignment. Don't forget, or I'll probably miss out on linking to you!
4. Visiting other participants' entries is strongly encouraged!
5. I'm always looking for topic ideas. Please see the "Teacher's Lounge" page for details. If I use your idea, you will be credited as that week's "guest professor." Help me out, folks, because sometimes I run dry when doing this week after week!
6. I reserve the right to remove rude or unpleasant comments (not to mention comment spam), and to leave entries off the linking list if the person has been rude or unpleasant, or fails to mention the Weekend Assignment in the entry.
When I was younger, I made a point to be out of town on New's Years. It started with 1999, when my friends wanted to do something special. But we had to pick a destination that did not involve airplanes. Just in case. We went to Galena, Illinois - a popular weekend spot for Chicagoans.
I did try to vary it a little, but to little avail. John bought me some low-risk fireworks for Christmas, which have only recently hit store shelves in Tucson, having been banned except for professional use since before we moved here. It turns out, though, that it's legal to BUY them in Tucson, but it's not legal to USE them in Tucson. We live in the city limits, and besides, it was cold outside. So they're still sitting on the end table in the den. Darn it.
That's it for now. With the holidays over, I hope more of you will find time to do this Assignment, even if your entry is a brief one. Have a great week!