Thursday, December 30, 2010

Weekend Assignment #351: What Are You Doing New Year's?

Let's do one more short, seasonal Weekend Assignment to take us into the new year:


Weekend Assignment # 351: What Are You Doing New Year's?
Where do you typically spend New Year's Eve? What are you usually doing when the big moment arrives? Will this year be as usual, or are you doing something different?

Extra Credit: To the best of your recollection, have you ever managed to keep a New Year's resolution for more than a week?

Here are the guidelines in case you'd like to participate - and I hope you do!

1. Please post your response no later than than 12:01 AM on Thursday morning, January 6th, your local time. You can do this either in a blog entry of your own or in the comments section of the assignment entry. No submissions will be accepted after that time unless I want to.

2. Please mention the Weekend Assignment in your blog post, and include a link back to the original entry. Using one of the logos shown here is encouraged but not mandatory.

3. Please come back here after you've posted, and leave a link to your entry in the comments to the assignment. Don't forget, or I'll probably miss out on linking to you!

4. Visiting other participants' entries is strongly encouraged!

5. I'm always looking for topic ideas. Please see the "Teacher's Lounge" page for details. If I use your idea, you will be credited as that week's "guest professor." Help me out, folks, because sometimes I run dry when doing this week after week!

6. I reserve the right to remove rude or unpleasant comments (not to mention comment spam), and to leave entries off the linking list if the person has been rude or unpleasant, or fails to mention the Weekend Assignment in the entry.

For Weekend Assignment # 350: Best. Gift. Ever., I asked about awesome gifts given or received. Most folks were too busy giving and receiving them to write about them, but we we did get a few responses. Please click on each person's name to see the full entry:

Anne said...
One Christmas, my parents gave me a car. They didn't wrap it in a bow in the driveway or anything. They wrapped a new key chain in a box and included a note the box that said, "we'll start looking in January". I didn't get the message. I had lost my keys several months before and they had been on a gorgeous Gucci key chain. Did they mean they would help me find a great new key chain? Random.

Karen said...
My best gift ever given, I was hoping, would be the one I was putting together for my brother Steve for Christmas this year. John and I have put many hours into putting it together, but we can't quite seem to get it right. It's meant to be a book, or at least a pdf file, if we can ever get the pages to appear in order with no duplications or superseded versions. The title page reads, "The Ruth Anne Johnson Songbook - Version 2.2."

That's it for now. I realize it's a busy time of year, but please jump in with an entry if you can. Happy New Year!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Getting ahead this week:

    http://chicagovolunteering.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-years.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not access my New Post screen and now I can't Edit Post. But I managed to email post!

    http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekend-assignment-what-i-was-doing-new.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We're glad to hear from you. If you are leaving a link to your blog, please write out the whole URL, not just a live link. Thanks!