Weekend Assignment # 350: Best. Gift. Ever.
What is the best gift you've ever gotten from anyone?
Extra Credit: To the best of your recollection, what is the best gift you ever gave someone else?
Here are the guidelines in case you'd like to participate - and I hope you do!
1. Please post your response no later than than 12:01 AM on Thursday morning, December 30th, your local time. You can do this either in a blog entry of your own or in the comments section of the assignment entry. No submissions will be accepted after that time unless I really want to.
2. Please mention the Weekend Assignment in your blog post, and include a link back to the original entry. Using one of the logos shown here is encouraged but not mandatory.
3. Please come back here after you've posted, and leave a link to your entry in the comments to the assignment. Don't forget, or I'll probably miss out on linking to you!
4. Visiting other participants' entries is strongly encouraged!
5. I'm always looking for topic ideas. Please see the "Teacher's Lounge" page for details. If I use your idea, you will be credited as that week's "guest professor." Help me out, folks, because sometimes I run dry when doing this week after week!
6. I reserve the right to remove rude or unpleasant comments (not to mention comment spam), and to leave entries off the linking list if the person has been rude or unpleasant, or fails to mention the Weekend Assignment in the entry.
For Weekend Assignment # 349: Party Hardy or Party Hardly?, I asked how much of a partier you are. Please click on each person's name to see the full entry:
When I do party, it's generally when I'm at a convention. I enjoy hanging out at room parties, catching up with old acquaintances and making new ones. And if it's an out of town event (or a local one where I take a room at the hotel for one night) I can stay as late as I want and even indulge in a drink as I'm not driving home.
I've never been a party girl. The fact that I was already married and a mom while I was still in college means I missed out on some of the prime partying years, so I haven't had much practice.
I generally enjoy a party. Sometimes, at this time of year, I just want to hole up and do nothing. It is dark so early, and cold and often the streets are terrible and the traffic is worse. In fact, that is the secret to getting me to a party: starting it as early in the day as possible. The later people start gathering, the less likely I am to show up. But I always enjoy myself.
Let's see - what was the last party I attended? It was a friend's birthday party in September 2009. That one was bearable, even fun, because several of the people attending were friends from the old Doctor Who club whom I hadn't seen in years. Also it was in a beautiful setting in the Tucson Mountains foothills, and well organized with a fun Disney theme.
That's it for now. I realize it's a busy time of year, but please jump in with an entry if you can. Have a great holiday week!